Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Home Stretch

Whad'up my Numismatics!

Today is November 6th, 2013...30 days until my 30th birthday. As I reach the end of my twenties I have to admit I've been kind of down lately. I do have a few things to be proud of. Since starting this blog many of the goals I set publicly for myself have been reached. In the past 60 days I have:
  • Opened a 529 account
  • Started an investment portfolio focused on dividends
  • Spent less money than I made in 1 month
  • Skipped work once a month to do something fun.
With all that I have done though I can't help but feel out of sorts with where I am. I'm still light-years away from where I want to be and it is frustrating at times. Everyday I live in fear of being fired from a job I hate. I've gone on several interviews but so far none have come through. There was even one where I've been playing phone tag with the recruiter for days. She left me a message wanting to discuss the position which pays TWICE what I make now...and she won't return any of my calls. I also got an email from my current job telling me I'm being considered for a position and to reapply...but I've gotten written up (again) since then and I'm ineligible to transfer for 90 days (again). I'm still in the same room I grew up in....not sharing it with my son who's almost as big as me. I thought I was going to do so much more and be so much more at this point in my life. Since hindsight is 20/20 I look back and see all the wrong turns and fearful indecisions I've made. I want to reach back, grab my twenty-something self by her shoulders and shake her to get her to wake up and stop being scared of everything. It's maddening!

I started this blog because I don't want to be that person who internalizes all of their misgivings rather than learns from them. I am coming to terms with the fact hat what's done is done. Just like an airplane you have to move forward and pick up speed before you can move upward. I have to keep building upon good fundamental foundations. Something is going to come through for me soon. No one will hold me back but me so I'd best be getting out of my own way. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you are accomplishing your recent goals. Keep up the good work. If it makes you feel any better I'm not where I thought I'd be either. Lol

    ReplyDelete