Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Been Away

Hello my Fiduciary Falcons,

My sincerest apologies for leaving you in the throes of my absence. It has been a very busy few weeks for me. If you've read my past posts you know how I feel about my current place of enslav--er--employment, so I have been actively searching to change jobs. I hesitated to do this at first because I didn't want to have to start over playing the benefits game (i.e. the 90 day waiting period). Recent events that will be explaned in a later post have changed my mind. I had 3 interviews in the past week. Unfortunately none of them panned out but I remain optimistic.

I've taken 2 major steps in my journey to financial independence:1) I have opened my portfolio of dividend paying stocks. 2)I have, for the first time ever, ended the month cash flow POSITIVE. For the end of September I was able to spend less money than I took in. I never realized how hard this was to do untill I actually accomplished it. I was able to do this by going on a semi-cash diet. Every Sunday I've been going to the ATM and pulling a small amount of "walking around" cash out of a Christmas/Summer Camp account. I don't know about you guys, but something in my psycology tends to change when I actually have some bills in my pocket...especially $20 bills. I feel less inclined to break them and I begin to think twice about swiping my card to pay for small items.

I'm gonna have a slew of new posts coming your way the days to follow. For now , rock out to this song I heard this morning. I decided it's gonna be my theme song for the rest of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment